Quicksilver Rocket Kits
Tall, sleek, and built for speed! Utilizing 6 low aspect ratio fins allows the Quicksilver to slice through the air very efficiently and with style.
The Quicksilver is designed to fly on high impulse G motors for Pre-Cert flights and most H and I motors for Cert 1 flights. The Quicksilver comes standard with a 38mm motor mount.
To use 29mm motors in a 38mm mount, purchase the optional motor retainer HAMR-38-SET and the HAMR-38/29-ADPTR.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• 9" payload section
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 29mm motor mount (38mm optional)
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 2.1" | Height: 54.5" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 30" | Payload: 9"
Fin Array: 6 (low aspect ratio) | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
The QUICKSILVER is built for speed and is a great kit for Pre-Cert & Level 1 flights. This rocket stands 54.5" tall, is 2.1" in diameter, and has a 6 (low aspect ratio) fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and can fly on G thru I motors. At ~34 oz., the 30" parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Quicksilver Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 30 to 36 - $6.00
- Quicksilver Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now, and Save 15% - $28.00
- Quicksilver Upgrade, Add ADPTR-38/29-HAMR now, and Save 10% - $18.85
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Quicksilver - $82.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)