Corporations of the future may be contracted to develop rockets to save the Earth from a wayward asteroid.
Fly the Matrix, save the world?
The Matrix may never really save the world, but it is sure to grab the attention of everyone on the flight line! The Matrix comes complete with our exclusive Quantum Tube airframe, G-10 fins, and a complete decal package. Flies great using H and I motors. The Matrix comes with a 38mm motor mount. To use 29mm motors in a 38mm mount, purchase the optional easy to use HAMR-38- SET motor retainer and HAMR-ADPTR-38/29. The payload bay measures 12".
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 38mm motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 3.0" | Height: 52" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 36" | Payload: 12"
Fin Array: 3 split main and 6 mini-canard | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
The MATRIX is an awesome kit for Level 1 and 2 flights. This rocket stands 52" tall, is 3.0" diameter, and has a 3 split main and 6 mini-canard fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and can fly on H thru J motors. At ~55 oz., the 36" parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Matrix Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 36 to 48 - $6.00
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $5.00
- Matrix Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.