D-region Tomahawk Sounding Rocket
An excellent 1/3 scale model of NASA`s single-stage sounding rocket.
Standing 71" tall, this is a very stable design with lots of payload space.
Standard features include:
Diameter: 3.1" | Height: 71" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 48" | Payload: 21"
Fin Array: 4 | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
The D REGION TOMAHAWK is a scale sounding rocket kit for Level 1 and 2 flights. This rocket stands 71" tall, is 3.1" in diameter and has a 4 fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and can fly on H thru J motors. At ~ 55 oz., the 48" parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- D-Region Tomahawk Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 48 to 54 - $10.00
- Tomahawk Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Tomahawk - $97.00
Add now and save:
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.