Callisto Rocket Kits
The 2.1" dia. Callisto Rocket Kit stands 46" tall and is great for Pre-Cert and Level 1 flights.
Like all of our VHA Series kits, the Callisto is easy to build and easy to fly! If you choose to purchase the Callisto with a 38mm MMT, for 29mm motors, purchase the optional motor retainer HAMR-38-SET and the HAMR-38/29-ADPTR.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 29mm motor mount (38mm optional)
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 2.1 in. | Height: 46 in. | MMT: 29mm
Parachute: 24in. | Payload: None
Fin Array: 3 (Nike Style) | Fin Thickness: 0.06 in.
The CALLISTO is a great kit for Pre-Cert and Level 1 flights. This rocket stands 46 in. tall, is 2.1 in. diameter and has a 3 (Nike Style) fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 29mm motor mount and can fly on F thru I motors. At ~25 oz., the 24in. parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Upgrade Callisto to 38mm Motor Mount - Free!
- Callisto Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 24 to 30 - $6.00
- Callisto Upgrade, Add HAMR-29 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $24.60
- Callisto Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.