Black Brant VB Sounding Rocket
An excellent semi-scale model of the Canadian Black Brant Vb sounding rocket.
Can be flown on G, H & I motors. This is the easiest to build scale rocket we have to offer.
To use 29mm motors in a 38mm mount, purchase the optional HAMR- 38-SET motor retainer and HAMR-ADPTR-38/29.
Diameter: 2.5" | Height: 51" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 30" | Payload: None
Fin Array: 3 swept back | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Black Brant VB Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 30 to 36 - $6.00
- Black Brant VB Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
Add now and save:
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.