Bull Puppy Missile
Based on the U.S. Air Force`s Bull Pup missile, this kit is visually exciting on the ground as well as in-flight!
It`s perfect for beginners and experienced rocketeers alike. Don`t let the name fool you, this puppy is equipped with a 38mm motor mount and can be flown with 29mm motors using the optional HAMR adapter. Can be flown on G through I motors.
Though it is not mandatory, we recommend the use of our 2- Part Expanding Foam (available on the Adhesives Page of the webstore) to aid in bonding the main fins to the boattail.
Diameter: 3.1" | Height: 39" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 36" | Payload: None
Fin Array: 4 main and 4 canard | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
The BULL PUPPY is a great flying kit for Level 1 and 2 flights. This rocket stands 39" tall, is 3.1" diameter and has a 4 main and 4 canard fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and can fly on G thru J motors. At ~32 oz., the 36" parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Bull puppy Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 36 to 48 - $6.00
- Bull puppy Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
Add now and save:
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.